Outdoor Swimmer Magazine – PLAY
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
Play - August 2023 - ISSUE #76
One of the main reasons for swimming outdoors is how much fun it is. I am sure many can relate to the childlike glee of jumping into water or diving down imagining you are some sort of aquatic creature. This month’s issue is dedicated to playtime!
- Play isn’t just about fun but about the risk, experimenting and pushing boundaries – as Rowan Clarke explores in this month’s lead feature.
- Writer and swimming teacher Hannah May shares her methods of introducing children to open water
- Young journalist Maisie Bartlett chats with children’s fiction author Richard Pickard about his watery-themed books.
- Abigail Whyte interviews a professional puppeteer and political activist.
- Jack Bright looks back into the history of Peterborough Lido and the winged man who attempted to fly across the River Nene.
There is the usual training and technique advice with a playful twist, Omie Dale reviews beach bags and we head to the North East of England for swim adventures in our travel section.
Hope you find as much joy in reading this issue as we have in making it!
Plus all the regulars, including health news, outdoor swimming news, training, swim locations, technique, travel, event listings, gear news and kit reviews.
Order your copy now!
🌍 We print on Carbon Balanced paper from sustainable sources, using vegetable-based printing ink and water-based cover seals. We have the environment at the forefront of our minds when making the magazine.