Outdoor Swimmer Magazine - MAGIC & RITUAL
- Low stock - 4 items left
- Inventory on the way
MAGIC & RITUAL - DECEMBER 2022 - ISSUE #68
Do you connect with ritual, magic and celebration when you swim? Repel the dark days of December with the Magic & Ritual issue of Outdoor Swimmer, an exploration of different ways of connecting with the water and the seasons. From real-life witches to the wonder of completing an Ice Mile, the Magic & Ritual issue explores the mystic in the water.
- How did humans go from fearing the abyss to meditative bathing? Rowan Clarke goes beyond reason to find the magic in natural waters
- Witchcraft and water. Meet real-life witch High Priestess Rebecca Beattie and learn about the Wheel of the Year
- Harnessing the ‘ice mindset’ and the power of your mind. Becca Harvey’s high-risk ‘Extreme Ice Mile’
- Take off your clothes! The magic of cold-water swimming competitions and why you should enter one this winter
- Shooting the Falls. From serious swimmers and daredevils to a hapless crocodile, the call of Niagara Falls has lured them all
- On Test: The best flasks for winter swimmers
- Bodycare: Warming gels and creams
- Dipping in the dark. Why you should swim at night and how to do it safely
- Take a breath. How nose breathing can help your swimming
- Pool or outdoors? How to train for winter swimming competitions
- Move of the Month. Dryland exercises to support your swimming
- Ireland special: Plan your next trip with wild swimming locations the length and breadth of Ireland
- Sunshine and sea: Could the Arena Aquamasters Swimming Championships in Turkey be your next challenge?
Plus all the regulars, including health news, outdoor swimming news, training, swim locations, technique, travel, event listings, gear news and kit reviews.
Order your copy now!
🌍 We print on Carbon Balanced paper from sustainable sources, using vegetable-based printing ink and water-based cover seals. We have the environment at the forefront of our minds when making the magazine.