Outdoor Swimmer Magazine – COMMUNITY
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
Community - September 2023 - ISSUE #77
For many swimmers the community of people they swim with is the reason they get out of bed at silly o’clock in the morning or venture out in the pouring rain to meet on lake shores, riverbanks and beaches. This month’s issue is dedicated to our many and varied swimming communities. Whether you are a salty sister, skinny dipper or PB chaser, the best thing about our big swimming community is the smaller groups that have developed over the years to welcome everyone. In the September issue we meet the community groups who make outdoor swimming such a wonderful and diverse pastime!
Here's a taster of what’s inside the Community issue:
- Our lead feature is an extract from Anna Deacon and Vicky Allan’s new book, The Ripple Effect, which brilliantly captures the community spirit
- What about men? Rowan Clarke explores male swimming groups
- We are Family: the growth of queer cold water groups
- Sophie Etheridge tells us about the growth and importance of the adaptive and disabled swim community
- We learn about the success of Mental Health Swims
- On Test: changing robes
- Travel: Faroe Isles and Inner Hebrides
Hope you find as much joy in reading this issue as we have in making it!
Plus all the regulars, including health news, outdoor swimming news, training, swim locations, technique, travel, event listings, gear news and kit reviews.
Order your copy now!
🌍 We print on Carbon Balanced paper from sustainable sources, using vegetable-based printing ink and water-based cover seals. We have the environment at the forefront of our minds when making the magazine.