Outdoor Swimmer Magazine – SPRING(S)
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
Spring(s) – May 2023 – Issue #73
The May issue of outdoor swimmer explores spring(s). At this time of year, we all have an opportunity to bloom again.
From geothermal spas to icy plunge pools, Rowan Clarke explores the clean, healing waters of springs. Water is something we can easily take for granted as Simon Griffiths reflects in his View from the Water and something Jonathan Cowie considers when seeking holy water in the Lake District.
This issue also has an undercurrent of hope running throughout, which will uplift the lowest of moods! We loved Kellan MacInnes’ story of how he rediscovered himself by swimming in 28 hill lochs across the Scottish Highlands, if you haven’t ever swum in Scotland you will want to after reading his tale. Sometimes the most inspiring people are doing the simplest of things, like Amr Wolf who is the focus of our new feature, Inspiring Us This Month..
While the water is warming, it still has a cool bite and it might surprise some of you that many swimmers return to wetsuits at this time of year for longer swims and event training. We have a six-page wetsuit testing section in this month’s magazine. We review racing suits, entry level suits and for the first time, suits for those of us with bigger bodies!
Enjoy, see you in the water!
What else is in the Spring(s) issue? Find out below...
- Discover how the energy crisis is impacting your local lido
- Are you planning on watching Disney’s new version of The Little Mermaid? You will enjoy reading Elaine K Howley’s piece, The Black Mermaids.
- Jonathan Cowie advises it is time to take your training back outside and Simon Griffiths explains how practicing turns in the pool can help with your open water swimming.
- Ever wondered what the point of a tow float is? Find out in our beginner basics.
- Cassie Patten advises a self-conscience swimmer consider the Henley mile
- Alice Goodridge shares some of her favourite swims from her new book, Wild Swimming Scotland
- Having a holiday in Wales this summer, why not consider a Wild Swimming Walk?
Plus all the regulars, including health news, outdoor swimming news, training, swim locations, technique, travel, event listings, gear news and kit reviews.
Order your copy now!
🌍 We print on Carbon Balanced paper from sustainable sources, using vegetable-based printing ink and water-based cover seals. We have the environment at the forefront of our minds when making the magazine.
Delivery & Postage Charges
The lead time between receipt of your order and dispatch is normally 24 hours, with a maximum of 72 hours. The brand will inform the Operator (The Outdoor Swimmer Shop) within 24 hours if they are unable to fulfil any orders received and we will contact you.
Shipping Charges to the Customer:
Rest of the World £14.99
Rest of the World £3.50
We will only refund any shipping costs, including the cost of returning your goods, if we shipped an incorrect product or the product is found to have a genuine fault or is otherwise imperfect. Unsuitable wear or intentional damage will not be regarded as a fault. If you are claiming that your purchase was faulty, we will inspect your returned item(s) and let you know within 10 days whether we agree or if we regard the product as not faulty.