Outdoor Swimmer Magazine - REST & REFLECTION
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
Rest & Reflection – January 2023 – Issue #69
Sometimes the best thing to do in life is stop and take a breath. As we enter a new year on the back of yet another odd and turbulent one, the ‘Rest & Reflection’ issue of Outdoor Swimmer is an invitation to reflect and think about what might make your life full of purpose, adventure and joy in 2023.
Includes: Pull-out Travel supplement – plan your dream swimming adventure for 2023.
- Forest bathing. We investigate the power of immersion in the natural landscape
- Writer Caro Giles on how the moon lights up even the darkest of days
- Cold turkey. How does your life change after quitting social media for six months?
- Swimming to Sanctuary. The migrants and refugees risking their lives to cross perilous seas in search of asylum
- Sarah Thomas – How I stay awake for a 100-mile swim
- Swimming encounters with wildlife. Can a swan really break your arm?
- On Test: The warmest hats for winter swimmers
- Bodycare: Bath products
- How to get back into long-distance swimming after a prolonged break
- I survived… a swan attack
- How to train for a cold-water swimming competition
- Training: a reflective pool session focussing on technique
- Move of the Month. Dryland exercises to support your swimming
- National and international event listings
- Icy event reviews: Portishead Popsicle, Winter Swimming World Cup in Burghausen, Germany
- Paradise in Penzance: Cool harbour dips and geothermal waters
- Wild walks in the Lake District
Plus all the regulars, including health news, outdoor swimming news, training, swim locations, technique, travel, event listings, gear news and kit reviews.
Order your copy now!
🌍 We print on Carbon Balanced paper from sustainable sources, using vegetable-based printing ink and water-based cover seals. We have the environment at the forefront of our minds when making the magazine.